Bacon, Corn, and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 1 ball fresh pizza dough, I highly recommend using the recipe I linked to in the beginning of the post, but any crust will do ;)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices thick bacon, cooked crispy then roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly shucked corn
- 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Stretch pizza dough out to desired shape and place on baking sheet/baking stone. Sprinkle with parmesan, red pepper, and salt; drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 10 - 12 minutes, or until soft and sweet. Remove onions with a slotted spoon. Add bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined sheet and cool for a minute or so before roughly chopping. Add corn kernels to the same pan (which should be nice and full of yummy bacon grease) and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until just golden. Remove kernels from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Top prepared pizza crust with onions, bacon, and corn, then top with cheese.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro if using, cut, and serve at once!
Check out these other great recipes!