Serves 2-4 as an hors d'oeuvre
- 1ripe but firm avocado
- 2ounces chèvre/soft goat cheese left at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 1teaspoon grain mustard
- Lemon juice
- Piment d'esplette or pimentón (dulce or picante)
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Thoroughly combine the chèvre, mustard, and a small squeeze of lemon juice. Pack the mixture into the craters in each avocado half and smooth the surface.
- Place the halves cut-side down on a plate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the avocado from the refrigerator and slice each half into halves or quarters, wiping the blade of the knife between cuts. Carefully peel away the skins and discard. Place the avocado wedges on a plate and sprinkle with piment d'esplette. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.