Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
If you love potstickers, you are going to love this version of Asian Chicken Meatloaf!
- 1 pound ground chicken I used 93/7% fat
- 1 pound ground chicken italian or breakfast sausage bulk type or removed from casings
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce prefer low sodium
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped I used the whites of green onions and saved the tops for garnish
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped 8 oz can, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with non stick spray.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. (excluding glaze ingredients). Your hands are your best tools for this!
Add to prepared loaf pan.
Combine your glaze ingredients in a small bowl Pour over uncooked meatloaf and spread evenly.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli if desired!