Asian Chicken Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
Packed with chicken, carrots, edamame, and an addictive Thai peanut sauce, these healthy Asian chicken wraps are a fast and delicious dinner or lunch.
YIELD: 4 wraps
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
For the Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or similar spicy chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the Chicken Wraps
- 14 ounces Just BARE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets (about 2 medium breasts)
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the sauce ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, ginger, and lime. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat half of the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken (be careful as the oil may splatter), and sauté the chicken until fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and blot away any excess oil. To the bowl, add 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce, then toss to coat the chicken. Reserve the rest of the sauce for serving.
- To the same skillet in which you cooked the chicken, add the remaining oil and let warm for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli slaw, edamame, carrots, and half of the green onions and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble wraps, spread a spoonful of the reserved sauce on each tortilla. Top with the chicken, vegetables, chopped peanuts, remaining green onions, and fresh cilantro. Wrap and enjoy warm or at room temperature.