Zucchini and Mushrooms with Gouda Cream
Zucchini and portobello mushrooms sautéed with onion and garlic and then drenched in creamy gouda cheese sauce.
Nothing beats gouda, it makes everything better :D
Author: Kelly Janke
- 2 Zucchini
- 8-10 Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 C. Shredded Gouda
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Freshly Chopped Chives
- First prep all the veggies. Wash, dry and slice zucchini. Wipe off mushrooms and slice in big chunks. Dice Onion. Mince Garlic.
- Next, shred the gouda cheese, set aside.
- Begin to saute the veggies. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and veggies. Salt and pepper to taste (salt well.) Combine and saute for 15 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, make sauce. Begin by melting butter in small saucepan. Once butter has melted, add flour. Cook the butter/flour so it's bubbling, for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add milk to butter/flour. Bring to a boil over low heat. Add cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil once more.
- Chop the chives and add to cream, saving a little to garnish.
- When veggies are done, mix cream sauce with veggies. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Even though this is a great combo, feel free to substitute any veggies!