Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 large Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 large Squash ( sliced )
- 2 Shallots ( minced )
- 1 tsp. garlic ( you can use fresh or jarred)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Shredded Cheese ( mozzarella or provolone works best.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A sprinkling of Oregano
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- In a large skillet saute your shallots and garlic in your butter. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- Add your zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add your salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with a little more parmesan and your shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden brown on top.