- Prep Time 30 min
- Total Time 30 min
- Servings 12
Caprese Polenta Bites
- 1 16 ounce tube (herbed) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes sliced in half)
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves divided from stems
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, place polenta slices side by side in skillet and heat until both sides are a deep golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes total.
- While frying polenta slices, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium heat and let reduce for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool and thicken slightly.
- Place slightly cooled polenta slices on a plate. Top each slice with a slice of mozzarella, a basil leaf and a grape tomato (or halved cherry tomato, cut side down).
- Drizzle slices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.