Ultimate Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Macaroni Pasta
- 2 cups Cacique Manchego cheese, shredded
- 1-tablespoon butter
- 1-tablespoon flour
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Drain again.
- On a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and quickly whisk this mixture until the flour is completely cooked. Add the Cacique Crema Mexicana and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the mixture starts bubbling. Add the nutmeg, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until the cheese is completely melted. Check for seasoning
- Add the pasta to the sauce and combine. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle some more Cacique Manchego cheese on top. Place the casserole under the broiler until the mixture turns golden in color. About 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.