TURKEY, PESTO, ONION & CHEESE POPPYSEED SLIDERS
YIELD: 12 servings
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
TIP: Use an electric knife to cut the rolls in half horizontally! Easy! Make ahead of time and pour the sauce on right before baking.
- 1 lb deli turkey thinly sliced
- ½ lb swiss cheese slices
- 2 pkg hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and sautéed
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in medium pan. Thinly slice the onion; sauté in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until clear and cooked.
- Leaving the (24) rolls attached, horizontally slice the top off; set aside. Place the bottom (attached 24 pieces) rolls in a 9x13 foil-lined baking pan. (You may need to squeeze them into the pan, or remove a row if you choose.)
- Spread the pesto evenly over the bottom bread.
- Next layer on top of the pesto the turkey, sautéed onions, and cheese slices.
- Place the top section of the rolls that you already removed back on top of the sandwich.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the 1/2 cup butter to a soft boil. Add mustard, worcestershire, poppy seeds, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the 9x13 sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.