Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich | Calories: 231 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 475mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints: 8
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cucina & Amore Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cucina & Amore Truffle Sauce, Basil & Pesto
Spread olive oil with a pastry or basting brush over two slices of bread. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
Place one of the bread slices, oil-side down and top basil leaves, spread the Basil Pesto Truffle Sauce, add tomato slices, and mozzarella. Top with other piece of bread, olive oil side up.
Place a heavy-bottomed skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat or use a Panini press.
If using a skillet, press down with lid to flatten sandwich a bit. Cook for about 2 minutes, until golden on the bottom, and flip. Repeat on other side.
Slice sandwich in half to make 2 servings.
slightly adapted fro Skinny Ms