Author: Loaves and Dishes
- 2-3 Vidalia onions (or any sweet onion will do)
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup sharp cheddar cheese (the better quality, the better taste)
- 1 Cup mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Using non-stick cooking spray, prepare a 9x13 baking dish. Heat oven to 350. Cut onions into ¼- ½ inch thick slices and separate the rings. Lay rings into the baking dish. Add garlic salt to taste (usually about 1 tsp). Add pepper to taste – about ½ tsp is usually good.
- Cut the butter into pats and place around the dish on top of the onions. Spread the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the onions. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove from oven, garnish with oregano and serve warm.