Sweet Potato Rounds with Herbed Ricotta and Walnuts
- 1 large sweet potatoes, sliced in ¼-inch rounds
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1-½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roasted and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Add all of the ingredients for the herbed ricotta to a small bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the sweet potato slices to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with grapeseed or olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and ground cinnamon over rounds. Use your hands to rub the oil and seasoning on both sides of the sweet potato rounds. Arrange rounds on a large baking sheet (or two if necessary). Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds, then bake for another 17 to 20 minutes, or until rounds are cooked through and crispy on the edges
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet. 10 minutes before the potato rounds are finished cooking, place the walnuts in the oven to roast.
- Remove sweet potato rounds and walnuts from the oven. Place walnuts on a cutting board and chop.
- Place oven on high broil setting and move the oven wrack second to the top shelf. Place a dollop of herbed ricotta on each sweet potato round and place in the oven for 2 minutes, just until ricotta is melty and warm.
- Add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to the rounds. Drizzle with honey and serve!