Sweet Onion Crack Dip
This sweet onion cheese dip (aka "crack dip") is a nice change from your typical hot spinach or artichoke dip. Todd Porter and Diane Cu of White on Rice Couple had it right when they nicknamed it "crack dip." Original recipe can be found in Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Garden.
Author: Emily ~ isthisREALLYmylife.com
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, very softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light mayo)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 T freshly cracked black pepper
- Sourdough bread, French baguette, pita bread or your favorite crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan, onion and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture into a 6-inch baking dish or small oven-safe dish. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until ingredients are melted together and crust is a dark golden brown. The darker brown the crust, the better the flavors.
- Serve hot with your favorite bread or crackers.