SPINACH BACON CHEESE PUFFS
Baked pastry puffs stuffed with a cream cheese, feta, bacon and spinach filling.
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
2 packed cups chopped fresh spinach
3/4 cup crumbled feta
3 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed and cut into 9 squares (cut them on a floured board with a paring knife)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9 round or square cups in a muffin pan.
- Briefly microwave the cream cheese - about 20 seconds or longer if needed until it's soft and melted but not steaming hot. Mix the egg, oil and dill into it until well combined - the cream cheese may not be smooth and that's ok.
- In a separate bowl add the spinach, feta and bacon. Pour the cream cheese mixture over top, season it with salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper) then use a fork to combine it together.
- Line the muffin pan with the pastry squares, stretching them out a little if needed, press them into the bottom of the cups. Divide the spinach among the cups as evenly as possible. Bring the 4 points together over the filling and press them together.
- Lightly brush with the melted butter. Bake about 25 minute until golden brown and puffy. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes then run a knife around the edges to loosen them and help pop them out.