Spicy Peanut Ginger Drumsticks
Yield: 3-4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- handful of cilantro stems, washed
- 6-8 large chicken drumsticks (roughly 1.5 - 2 lb)
- kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- cilantro leaves
- fresh lime wedges
- green onions, finely sliced
- Whisk the soy sauce, black bean garlic sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, sriracha, sugar, cilantro stems and chicken broth in a large bowl. Add the drumsticks and coat them evenly in the marinade.
- Transfer marinade and drumsticks to a large Ziploc bag, removing as much air as possible. Place bag in a small baking dish or baking sheet and marinade for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the drumsticks from the fridge, and allow to them to rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken drumsticks along with the marinade in a medium ovenproof baking dish.
- Bake for roughly 30 to 40 minutes, turning the drumsticks every 10 or 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the drumsticks with toasted sesame seeds. Serve the drumsticks with crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro, fresh lime, and sliced green onions as desired.