Spicy Mushroom Rice
- 4 c. of cooked white rice
- 10 oz. white or button mushrooms
- 2 T. butter
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ¼ c. marsala wine
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ t. fresh ground black pepper
- Start by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and let brown, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Next add the shallot, jalapeno, salt and pepper and let cook for another minute or two.
- Deglaze the skillet with the marsala wine and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and stir, then add the cooked rice.
- Stir together and then season with more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Add a few splashes of chicken stock to re-heat if you're making this ahead of time.
: 8 : 144 : 1g : 1g : 28g : 1g : 334mg : 3g : 3mg