Southwestern Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados, pit and skin removed, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1). Pre-heat the grill. Toss the cut sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill them over medium-high heat until they can easily be pierced with a fork (about 8 minutes each side).
2). In a large bowl, combine the corn, black beans, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, and avocados. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, quarter the rounds and add them to the bowl. Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Servings: 4 as a main dish, 6-8 as a side. Approximate nutritional information for 8 servings: Calories: 234 Carbs: 34g Fat: 9g Protein: 8g Fiber: 10g Points+: 6