Southwestern Egg Rolls
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 10 Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts – diced
- 1 medium-large onion, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14.5)oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2.5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 jalapenos, seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 taco sized flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium. Add in the chicken, season with salt & pepper to taste, & saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the diced onions & cook until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the spices, jalapeno, black beans, corn, & baby spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat, and stir in the pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of filling into the center of each taco sized flour tortilla, and roll up like a burrito. Brush each side with a good coating of olive oil, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy.
- Serve with Cilantro Cream Sauce, if desired.
Serve with cilantro cream sauce, if desired.