Smoked Paprika Roasted Potatoes
1 hrs 10 mins
Smoked Paprika Roasted Potatoes - you'll want to serve these roast potatoes with everything from lamb to chicken souvlaki and more. Simple, flavourful and perfectly golden crispy. Delicious with your favourite tzatziki as a dip too.
Course: Side Dishes
Cuisine: Greek Inspired
Servings: 4 t0 6 as a side dish
- 6- 8 inch large sized russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1½ to 2 chunks
- ¼ cup to ⅓ cup olive oil butter or other oil will work as well; a butter/olive oil combination is very good too
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1½ Tbsp smoked Paprika more or less to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder optional
- 1 pieces whole garlic bulb broken into about 4-6 pieces
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, no longer.
- Meanwhile in a 375 degree F oven, heat a baking pan of sufficient size to hold your potatoes without crowding them. A glass or metal pan is fine, as long as it is well heated beforehand. This will help to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- After parboiling, drain the potatoes and let them stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder and olive oil.
- Toss together with the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes, garlic and oil to the hot baking pan. These should sizzle as they hit the pan; a good indication that they will not stick.
- Roast the potatoes for about 60-75 minutes or until they are nicely golden brown all over, turning them every 20 minutes or so.
- After the first 10 minutes, give the pan a shake to make sure the potatoes are not stuck to it.
- The roasted garlic may have to be removed before the potatoes are finished as it generally cooks faster. You can squeeze the roasted garlic out of the cloves to serve on the potatoes, which is particularly delicious if you are also serving them with tzatziki.