Slow Cooker Pork Roast Carnitas
This slow cooker pork carnitas recipe is full of flavor and cooks all day to tender & juicy perfection! A recipe you will repeat time and time again!! Always a family favorite!
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 halves of an Orange
- ¾ cup orange juice (2 oranges)
- ¼ cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, quartered
- In a small bowl combine cajun seasoning, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub on the outside of the pork shoulder rub thoroughly.
- In the slow cooker, combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic and onion. Place pork on the top. Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker and heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes to brown the edges of the pork.
- Serve !