SEAFOOD PASTA SALAD
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time:10 MIN
cook time:25 MIN
total time:35 MIN
- 1 pound uncooked small pasta (macaroni, rotini, small shells, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) or (10 ounce) package grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 ½ cups chopped crab, shrimp, and/or lobster
- Bring 4 quarts water and 1 T. salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for firm pasta (1 minute pasta al dente, usually 8 to 12 minutes depending on the exact noodle). Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with cold water and ice. Blanch the broccoli quickly until bright green and tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salad dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions. Carefully fold in crab and stir until evenly coated. Chill until serving and refrigerate any leftovers.