Everything in these brownies, to sum it up, is delicious. Blackberries. Salted caramel. Dark cocoa. Wow. Layers of flavor and texture and goodness.
So, do you believe in magic?
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 6 oz. container blackberries
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place margarine, sugars, and cocoa powder in a heat-proof bowl and microwave until margarine is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, incorporating until smooth. Stir in baking powder, salt, and flour fully.
- Add blackberries to brownie mixture and carefully fold in.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Spoon caramel over top in an even layer. Spread remaining brownie batter on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan completely before removing and enjoying.