Maple Roasted Vegetables
Roasted Autumn vegetables with a light lemon, maple glaze.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 parsnips, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 lemon
- 1 small butternut squash, cut in chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 6 yellow beets, quartered
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Toss all of the ingredients, except the maple syrup together with the olive oil.
- Roast in a single layer in a 350 degree oven for approximately 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze the roasted lemon over the rest of the vegetables and add the maple syrup.
- Toss together well to coat all the vegetables and roast for about another 30 minutes or until all of the vegetables are fork tender.
- Toss the vegetables several times during the last of the cooking time to glaze the vegetables in the maple syrup.