1 1/2 cups of water
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs separated
1 egg white
11/2 cups milk
8 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 tsp oil
You might be surprised to see yeast in this recipe but it's a no-fail way to make sure that the waffle rises perfectly. For this recipe, baking powder or soda just doesn't cut it.
1. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water with a pinch of sugar and let stand for 5 minutes until it foams.
2. Add egg yolks and one of the whites into the yeast mixture along with the remaining sugar. Mix well.
3. Add rest of the water, milk, butter, oil and blend.
4. Combine salt and flour in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
5. Stir dry and wet mixtures together until smooth.
6. Beat remaining egg whites until stiff peaks. Fold into batter and let stand for 1 hour, stiring every 15 minutes
7...Make your waffles!!!
Ladle some batter into the waffle maker, spread a thin layer of pulled pork, and ladle a touch more batter over top.
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tsp W-sauce
To make the slaw that goes with the sandwich, I used 1/8 of a cabbage and a tiny bit of red onion. Chop them up into thin slices and toss with mayo.