Extra Cheesy Breakfast Pitas with Bacon and Avocado
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- salt and black pepper
- 4 pieces of whole wheat pita
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 4 eggs, fried, poached or scrambled
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella, chopped cilantro and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Smear the cheese mixture onto the 4 pieces of pita bread. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the pita begins to crisp up. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle on the bacon and place the egg on top. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and top with avocado. Drizzle a little bit of hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!