Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon
Author: Melissa Sperka
- 1 (16 oz) frozen baby spinach thawed
- 1 (8 oz) garden vegetable cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch cast iron skillet or similar. Set aside.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium size bowl, whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Whip until creamy and combined around 1-2 minutes.
- By hand mix in the spinach, green onion, bacon and 1½ cup shredded cheese. Pour into the skillet.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with pita crisps, tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.