Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
includes 12 Bars
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix your oats and cereal together in a large bowl.
- Chop your pretzels up and mix with oats and cereal.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter on medium high heat until melted. Once it begins to bubble change heat to low and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from burner and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour your hot mixture over your oats mixture. Stir well. You want to make sure every single piece of oats and cereal is coated.
- Pour your mixture into your greased pan and push down with spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top evenly. Use your spatula to press them down so they are embedded in the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into granola bar sizes.
- If you would like to make a larger batch, use a 9x13 pan and double everything, except use 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Store these in the fridge.
Adapted from Rachael Ray