Panko Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Canola oil
- Mix eggs with milk in shallow bowl.
- Mix panko breadcrumbs with basil, parsley, oregano and garlic in shallow bowl or plate.
- Place flour in shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip each mozzarella stick in flour and then in the egg mixture, into the panko breadcrumb mixture and back into the egg and into the breadcrumbs one more time. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place in freezer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in saucepan until just starting to smoke. Do not allow to boil.
- Cook the sticks a few at a time for about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara or chipotle mayo.