Pancetta and Sweet Pea Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
Recipe type: Pasta, Kid-Friendly, Easy Dinner Recipes, Pork
- 1 lb. of orecchiette pasta
- 1⅓ cup of frozen sweet peas
- 4 oz. of goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 oz. of cubed pancetta
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cooking water from pasta
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and pancetta. Saute until pancetta is slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add onions to pan and slightly caramelize, about 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds, add in fresh thyme. Continue to cook for another minute. Set aside.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, add in orecchiette pasta and cook till al dente. (according to directions on package)
- Add in peas for the last 2 minutes of pasta cook time.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest of the pot.
- Add pasta and peas to a big bowl, along with caramelized onions, pancetta, goat cheese, lemon juice, and cooking liquid.
- Gently toss the pasta until the goat cheese is melted and completely combined.