Pan Seared Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
If ever there was a recipe to seal the deal on date night, this one is it.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 6 large scallops
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a medium skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add butter, cream, and Parmesan to the skillet with the bacon grease. Reduce the sauce over medium heat by half. Stir in the cooked bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a separate skillet, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot (make sure it's really hot!), add the scallops to the pan. Sear until golden brown on one side, approximately 1 minute, and turn over. Sear on the other side for 1 minute until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve the scallops over a layer of bacon cream sauce. Garnish with chives.