One Skillet Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups water, separated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups (10 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 and 1/2 - 2 cups taco cheese, shredded
- Optional toppings: green onions, sour cream, diced tomatoes, diced avocado
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef completely.
- Drain any fat and add in the onion and garlic. Stir until fragrant - about 30 seconds to a minute on medium-high heat.
- Add in one cup of water, salsa, corn, and taco seasoning. Stir well and add in the pasta and taco sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to low-medium heat and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Let simmer for about 5-7 minutes and then add in the last cup of water and stir everything together again. Return lid and let simmer until pasta is tender, about another 5-7 minutes.
- (If you don't have a nonstick skillet, you will need to stir this every 3-4 minutes so it doesn't stick to the bottom.)
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese to cover the skillet. Let melt and top with optional toppings of choice.
- Serve immediately.