Mushroom Beef Burgers w/ Cauliflower or Broccoli Crusts (GF, Keto, Low Carb)
These Mushroom Beef Burgers are moist and flavorful. Using grass fed beef, a combination of gourmet mushrooms gives these burgers a robust flavor that makes them leagues better than a plain on beef burger. Especially Keto style / low carb by using our favorite Creative Crusts / Cauliflower and/or Broccoli Crusts instead of a bun... only 5 net carbs and Gluten Free!
These Mushroom Beef Burgers are moist and flavorful cooked up on the grill and ready in under 30 minutes. Using grass fed beef, a combination of gourmet mushrooms gives these burgers a robust flavor that makes them leagues better than a plain on beef burger.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 16 mins
Total time: 21 mins
- 1 pound lean farm raised ground beef
- 5 ounce groumet blend mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped vidalia onion, about 1/3 medium vidalia onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 Cauliflower / Broccoli Crusts - Creative Crusts (click to order ) They are low carb, gluten free too!
- optional - lettuce & tomato
- optional - we serves with Mashed Cauliflower w/ Chives too as a side dish! Yummy!
- Heat olive oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and dice.
- Meanwhile combine egg, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire in a large bowl and whisk. Toss in onion, diced mushroom, and ground beef.
- Using your hands squeeze ingredients together so that it becomes completely combined. Once combined, divide into fourths. Tightly pack each fourth into tight ball. Place onto a plate and push down gently. Put in refrigerator to firm up.
- Heat grill to medium heat, place burgers on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. Turn off grill heat, place cheese on each burger and cover grill until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve on a our Creative Crusts - Cauliflower or Broccoli Crusts with your favorite toppings.