Mini Chocolate & Cheesecake Croissants
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 small egg
- 2 sheets frozen pastry puff thawed at room temperature for 45 minutes
- 2 Ghirardelli semi sweet baking bars
- 1 teaspoon water
- Beat cream cheese & sugar in stand mixer on medium low with paddle attachment until smooth & creamy; scraping the sides. Add the vanilla and beat just until combined. Add one egg and beat until combined scraping down the sides again. Refrigerate 2-4 hours to thicken. Overnight is fine as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out each pastry puff to a 10 x 11 rectangle. The longest part of the rectangle should be horizontal. Cut each pastry puff in 1/2. Cut each 1/2 in 1/2 again creating 4 strips per pastry puff. Now cut each strip into 2 long triangles. Cut each section of the chocolate bar in 1/2 creating sixteen smaller bars. Place one of the bars horizontally on the large part of the triangle. Add one heaping tablespoon of chilled cheesecake batter and roll very gently to the most narrow part of the triangle.Arrange on cookie sheets. Repeat until all of the croissants are stuffed.
- Beat one egg with one teaspoon water until well blended. Using a pastry brush apply a thin layer to each pastry.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt 4-6 squares of chocolate in microwavable bowl according to manufacturers instructions. Drizzle over warm croissants.