Mini Beef Wellingtons with Horseradish Cream
20 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
36 minTotal Time
Mini Beef Wellingtons
- 2 Beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each), cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown beef in one tablespoon of oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, sauté mushrooms and red onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken or beef broth, stirring to loosen bits from pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 7 minutes. Stir in beef and parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut each into 16 squares.
- Place 2 tablespoons of beef mixture in center of squares. Top with remaining squares; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. Cut slits in top; brush with egg. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl combine horseradish cream ingredients; serve with appetizer. Garnish with chives if desired.