- 1 can (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice - we like Jasmine (NOT MINUTE RICE)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can (15.25 ounce) corn, drained or 2 cups fresh (yellow or white)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil.
- Once rice begins to boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spray an 8x8 square casserole dish with non-stick spray set aside.
- Once rice is done, all chicken broth will be absorbed.
- Turn off burner and place pot on a cool burner.
- Add to the rice the sour cream, green chiles, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Mix well.
- Season with salt and mix again.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Cheese will be bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately!
TIP: A reader of ours left this comment below! Great tip for anyone wanting to use Minute Rice instead of regular rice. "I made it with minute rice . I just fixed the rice as it said and then added it to bowl with other ingredients and cooked it til cheese melted! was great thanks!!!"