Mexican Chopped Tuna Salad
Author: Kim Lee
Recipe type: salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 13, 1 cup servings
Enjoy this - protein-packed tuna combined with chopped romaine, black beans, bell pepper, olives, sweet yellow corn, fresh tomatoes, avocado and a creamy taco-flavored dressing makes for the most incredibly tasty yumilicious tuna salads!
- For the salad:
- 2 (5 oz.) cans tuna
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can sweet yellow corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped well
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados or 1 large Haas avocado, diced
- For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayo (or use additional Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, gradually, as you toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until salad is coated in dressing. Add salt to taste, as needed.
- Serve in a wrap, over greens or dip style with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 199 Fat: 11.9g Saturated fat: 1.1g Carbohydrates: 15.7g Sugar: 2.3g Sodium: 375.8mg Fiber: 6.4g Protein: 9.7g