LOW CARB EGG MUFFINS
yield: 6 MUFFINS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 more minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and the cheese. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the spinach mixture and the bacon and stir until well-combined.
- Either use a silicone muffin pan or spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute the egg mixture amongst each muffin tin (I filled mine about ¾ of the way). If using a 12-cavity tin, fill the empty cavities about a 1/4 of the way with water. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins have turned a light golden brown around the edges.
- Store leftover muffins in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat, stick in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
Feel free to throw in whatever veggies you'd like! Same goes for cheese!
Nutrition (per muffin): Calories: 148.6; Fat: 11 g; Carbs: 1.1 g; Sugars: .5 g; Protein: 11 g; WW Points Plus: 4