Lemony Spinach and Artichoke Brie Penne Pasta with Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichokes hearts, drained
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces brie, cubed
- zest + juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
Heat the olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, crushed red pepper, and artichokes in a medium skillet over medium low heat. Cook, stirring often until the garlic is caramelized and the artichokes begin to fry and crisp on the edges, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and then stir in the spinach, cook 30 seconds and then drain. Add the pasta + spinach right back to the hot pot along with the mascarpone, brie, lemon zest + juice, and about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss until creamy and combined. Add the basil and artichokes + oil, stirring to combine. Thin the sauce as desired with more pasta cooking water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with jalapeños. EAT!