|Italian Turkey Meatloaf|| |
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 + ½ pounds ground turkey (7% fat)
- ⅓ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (jarred) fire roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 thick slices mozzarella cheese, for the top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously grease a baking sheet or pan. Alternately you can line it with aluminum foil or parchment first for easy clean up.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, ⅓ cup tomato sauce and Worcestershire.
- Add the ground meat, onion, roasted red pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
- Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Dump the meat out onto the prepared pan and with your hand firmly pat it into a loaf.
- Spread the remaining ⅓ cup of sauce over the meatloaf and top with the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until internal temperature on a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Let set five minutes before serving.
Copyright ©2016 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.