Hot Pepper Bacon Jam with Pimento Cheese Burgers
inspired by Food & Wine
- 1 pound organic 85/15 ground beef. We prefer Trader Joe’s grass fed organic ground beef for our burgers
- 3/4 cup (approx) of Hot Pepper Bacon Jam by Terrapin Ridge Farms (click to purchase)
- 1 cup shredded Pimento cheese. Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Pimento Cheese
- 4 organic whole wheat burger buns-toasted
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- option - add your favorite sliced pickles
- optiton - coleslaw of course too!
- Place ground beef in a bowl and season with 3/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce. Mix with clean hands until just combined.
- Form beef into 4 equal sized patties
- Cook in a preheated skillet about 3-5 minutes per side. It depends on how done you like your burgers. We like ours medium well.
- About 2 minutes before the burgers are finished, spoon the hot pepper bacon jam on top of each burger and then follow by placing a quarter cup of pimento cheese atop that. Cover your skillet to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from pan and place each burger onto a toasted bun.
- Drool, and then let your eyes roll into the back of your head once you take that first bite.