Healthy Breakfast Burrito with Chipotle Yogurt
Author: Dara Michalski | Cookin' Canuck
Serves: Serves 2
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ⅓ cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 2 whole wheat low carb tortillas
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ small California avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ tsp adobo sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the red pepper and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the black beans and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites and water.
- Wipe out the skillet and set over medium heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray and add the eggs. Cook until the eggs are scrambled. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on 2 plates and spread half of the chipotle yogurt on each tortilla. Spoon half of black bean mixture down the center of each tortilla, leaving room at each end.
- Divide the scrambled eggs, tomato and avocado evenly between the 2 tortillas.
- Fold in the ends of the tortillas, then roll each to form burritos. Serve.
The chipotle yogurt:
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and salt.
Weight Watchers Points: 8 (Points+), 6 (Old Points)
Serving size: 1 burrito | Calories: 285.0 cal | Fat: 14.2g | Saturated fat: 2.5g |Carbohydrates: 29.8g | Sugar: 2.8g | Sodium: 679.6mg | Fiber: 16.4g | Protein: 22.9g |Cholesterol: 186.7mg