HAWAIIAN PIZZA QUESADILLAS
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 quesadillas
- 8 large (9-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 oz deli ham
- 1 (20 oz) can diced diced pineapple in 100% juice, drained well
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups part-skim (2%) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Lay 4 tortillas on a flat surface and brush each with 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce. Next, layer ham, pineapple, red onion, cilantro and cheese.
- Mist hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray and gently transfer prepared quesadillas to the hot griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes or until golden and cheese begins to melt; flip and cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Remove quesadillas to a cutting board and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Using a pizza cutter or large knife, slice into pieces and serve warm.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from The Dinner Mom
Serving size: 1 quesadilla Calories: 589 Fat: 14.5 Carbohydrates: 75.8 Sugar: 28.0Sodium: 1,303 Fiber: 7.0 Protein: 30.5 Cholesterol: 58