Ham and Cheese SconesOne Dozen
Contact us for special order requests.
Available in small & large sizes.
Flaky, buttery, super delicious ham and cheese scones! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack time, or dinner.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, VERY cold and cut into tiny pieces
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole Milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°(F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar; mix well to combine. Cut the butter into small cubes then quickly work it into the mixture (using your fingers) until it resembles a coarse meal. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt, and milk, beating well to combine. Add the liquid mixture to dry and use a fork to stir everything together until just moistened.
- Add in the cheese, ham, and scallions and gently fold them into dough with a spatula.
- Pour the shaggy dough out onto a clean, floured work surface and shape the dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and carefully transfer to the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then serve warm.
*Add a little extra ham, cheese, and scallions on top of each scone before baking if you'd like yours to look like mine do in the photos. *These scones are best eaten the day they are baked. *You can flash freeze the baked scones for up to 2 months.