Grilled Stuffed Avocados
A great side dish or a quick, light meal! So, fire up the grill and get cooking! The following recipe was inspired by One Green Planet with some modifications, namely the timely additions of Earth Balance® MindfulMayo™ Dressing and Sandwich Spread and Earth Balance® Organic Roasted Garlic & Herb Culinary Spread.
3 limes, cut in wedges
1-1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 cup onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Earth Balance® MindfulMayo™ Dressing and Sandwich Spread
1 tbsp Earth Balance® Organic Roasted Garlic & Herb Culinary Spread + more for avocados
himalayan salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the grill for a medium-hot fire.
- Add tomatoes to a bowl along with the garlic cloves and corn. If using fresh corn, slice it from the cob and add to a bowl. Chop onion and add to bowl. Add Earth Balance® MindfulMayo™ Dressing and Sandwich Spread to the bowl, salt and pepper, then mix well to coat all the vegetables.
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise. Coat each half of the flesh side of the avocado, with the Earth Balance® Organic Roasted Garlic & Herb Culinary Spread. Place the avocados, flesh side down on the grill and grill until warmed through and slightly charred. If you don’t want to start the grill.
- Turn grilled avocados over and fill the center with the vegetable mixture.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze with fresh lime juice and serve with extra wedges of lime juice on the side.