GREEK BEET SALAD
1 hour 15 mins
Author: Liza A
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 2 lb fresh beets, trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Gently scrub the beets under running water with a soft brush to remove all particles of dirt.
- Wrap beets with foil and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Peel and slice into desired pieces.
- In a big bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add beet and gently toss.
Recipe source: hoorayfood.net