Great Low Carb Fettuccine With Creamy Shrimp Sauce
- 1 lb. small or medium shrimp, unshelled
- 4 tbls. butter
- 4 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tbls. finely chopped scallions
- 3 tbls. brandy
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (I just chopped them and it was fine)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 C. heavy cream
- 1 lb. Great Low Carb Bread Compnay Fettuccine, cooked (can order online at our store)
- garnish with fresh, chopped parsley, if desired
- Shell and devein the shrimp. Save the shells!
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Toss in the shrimp shells and sauté them for a few minutes to flavor the butter/oil. Remove shells with slotted spoon and let the butter/oil drip back into the skillet. Throw out the shells, you're done with them now.
- Add scallions, brandy, wine, tomatoes, salt and cayenne pepper to the butter/oil mixture in the skillet. Simmer over low heat until liquid is reduced a bit and tomatoes are cooked down, about 10 minutes.( I made this up to this point earlier in the day, then just reheated it and continued on with the next step when we were ready to eat)
- Add shrimp and cream. Continue to cook over low heat until shrimp are just cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Whisk in 2 more tablespoons of butter.
- Toss cooked fettuccine with sauce, garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Recipe from Piret's Cookbook