Gnocchi with Pesto, Shrimp and Asparagus
Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough for company, this Gnocchi with Pesto, Shrimp and Asparagus is packed with flavor and done in less than 30 minutes!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cup loosely packed basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (16-oz) Cucina & Amore Potato or Whole Wheat Gnocchi available to order - https://foodiecitynetwork.com/cucina-amore-whole-wheat-gnocchi/ and https://foodiecitynetwork.com/cucina-amore-potato-gnocchi/
- 3 tablespoons Cucina & Amore Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided - available to order - https://foodiecitynetwork.com/cucina-amore-fruttato-extra-virgin-olive-oil-25-3oz/
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends removed then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the pesto:
- Combine the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Season with the salt and pepper. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Stream in the olive oil until the mixture comes together in a smooth sauce.
- Make the Gnocchi:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until it floats to the top of the surface.
- While the gnocchi cooks, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high. Remove the cooked gnocchi from the water with a slotted spoon to the sauté pan and cook until it is crisp on all sides, stirring and flipping the gnocchi as needed, about 5 minutes. Transfer the gnocchi to a plate.
- Heat another tablespoon of the oil in the same sauté pan and add the asparagus. Cook until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Remove the asparagus to the same plate as the gnocchi.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same sauté pan and add the shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Combine the gnocchi, asparagus and shrimp and add the pesto sauce. Stir to combine, then serve immediately.
adapted from Cooking Light July 2007