German Chocolate Cookies
A delicious and unique cookie that will be a family favorite
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 40 cookies
- 2 boxes german chocolate cake mix, dry
- 4 eggs
- 10 Tbsp. butter, melted
COCONUT PECAN FROSTING
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ cup sweetened shredded coconut, for drizzle
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 oz. melted chocolate candy coating, for drizzle
- combine cake mix, eggs and melted butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until well mixed. Batter should be sticky and thick.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. 12 balls to a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. DO NOT overcook these cookies. Place on wired wrack to cool and let them cool completely.
TO MAKE FROSTING:
- Add evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla to a large pan and lace on stovetop over medium heat. Stir to evenly combine and continue stirring until thickened (takes about 12 minutes). Once thickened remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Spread frosting over the tops of cooled cookies.
- Drizzle with melted candy coating and let set up.