This Fried Mozzarella is simple, delicious and a perfect appetizer. The outside is crispy with a gooey soft cheesy inside. It is drizzled with Alfredo and paired with Marinara. The flavor combo makes this one outrageously tasty party food!
- 8 ounce block of mozzarella cheese, sliced into ¼ inch rectangles
- 2 to 3 cups oil
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups Panko
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marina sauce
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- Place flour on a plate.
- Mix eggs until well blended.
- Mix Panko, Parmesan, parsley, and salt together in a small bowl and then carefully pour onto a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat to 365 degrees F.
- Toss sliced mozzarella cheese in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the Panko mixture.
- When oil is ready and up to temperature, cook the cheese in the oil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown.
- Remove carefully from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with marinara and alfredo sauce.