Eggplant, avocado & hummus PIZZA
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Main
- Dough for 1 pizza
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ¼ inch slices
- Olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup hummus
- ½ large avocado
- Cayenne pepper
- First up, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Slice eggplant into thin slices, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and roast for 20 minutes, flipping half way. Once cooked, increase oven to 450 degrees F.
- While your eggplant is cooking, slice your onion into thin slices and saute in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt on low heat until caramelized. Low and slow- this will take about 30 minutes. Add a bit of agave nectar or honey (not vegan!) to up the sweetness at the end. Don't skip the salt as this helps extract moisture from the onions!
- Now let's build the pizza! If you made dough, stretch it onto a pizza pan and top with hummus.
- Then top with caramelized onions and eggplant.
- To cut your avocado, slice it in half and remove the pit. Then cut long slivers of avocado while this skin is still on.
- Then scoop the whole half out with a large spoon and se
This post is not sponsored by avocados. I just love them!